Ten reasons why the Twerton Park Redevelopment should go ahead to secure Bath City’s future in Twerton and revitalise the local community:
With Wednesday 11th March looking the likely date for our Planning Committee meeting, here are 10 reasons we think the Twerton Park Redevelopment should go ahead. Please share your own views with friends, family, colleagues and your councillor (find yours at here) or sign up to our petition here.
- Provides a 3G pitch for use by local schools, charities, youth sports teams and residents
- Reinvigorates Twerton High Street with updated retail units and new public spaces
- Provides 12 new affordable housing units and 33 co-living apartments
- Gives a massive injection of new spending power for Twerton shops, pubs and cafes with 400 new residents
- Delivers 356 lower rent Purpose Built Student Accommodation units to relieve pressure on family housing and HMOs
- Provides a purpose-built gym and community hub for Twerton
- Creates a permanent home for the Bath City FC Foundation to continue and expand its help to the least active and most disadvantaged people in our city
- Provides Bath City FC and its fans with 21st century facilities to give it a sustainable future
- Clears the Club’s £1m debt
- Secures Bath City Football Club’s future in the heart of Twerton
Watch the CGI video of how the Twerton Park Redevelopment will help transform the Football Club and Twerton High Street.