City down Dulwich with 2nd half fightback

City produced another great second half comeback to beat Dulwich Hamlet 2-1 at Twerton Park this evening. For a second game running they trailed at the interval to a penalty kick before goals from Jordan Dyer and Scott Wilson in the final ten minutes deservedly turned the game in their favour. There was still time for further drama as Jack Batten was sent off for a second booking leaving the Romans to withstand a late onslaught from the visitors. City began the contest brightly, winning a series of early corners, before it settled down into a more even pattern, with both sides probing but failing to trouble either keeper. However, it was Dulwich who broke the deadlock on 38 minutes when Batten’s strong challenge in the box was deemed a foul by the referee and Ming converted from the penalty spot. The visitors were now content to defend in numbers and look to catch City on the break and only a great tackle by Batten denied them on 55 minutes before Max Harris saved well from Felix’s long-range effort three minutes later. After these early scares City began to take control of the game and pin Dulwich back in their own half. Sonny Cox screwed a shot well wide before several teasing crosses from Elliott Frear failed to pick out a City teammate. Dan Hayfield then forced a good block from keeper Grainger but with nine minutes left the pressure finally told as Chris Lines’ corner was headed home by Dyer. Suddenly sensing the win was there for the taking City continued to push forward, Cooke volleying Hayfield’s cross narrowly over on 85 minutes. Two minutes later though they were ahead. Again it was Hayfield creating the chance as his low cross was slid home by substitute Wilson. City just had to see the game out now but with a minute left this was made all the harder when Batten brought down Fawole just outside the box to receive a second caution. Dulwich threw everything they could at City after this, with Phillips stabbing the ball just wide before Felix lifted a shot over Harris only for Lines to head the ball off the line. Then in the final minute of stoppage time Harris produced a stunning close-range save from Phillips to ensure City would hold on for the win.