Alan Farquhar Duncan Fear Martin Filson Andy Fisher Donald Forbes Bobby Ford Adrian Foster
Tony Frankland Jimmy Fraser Stuart Fraser John Freegard Jon French Gary Fulbrook
Keith Furphy

ALAN FARQUHAR Feb 1989 - May 1989 Appearances: 11 (1) Goals: 0

North-East based left-winger Alan was one of manager Les Alderman's final signings for the club when he arrived from Sunderland in February 1989. He played in the majority of remaining games that season but continued to live 250 miles from Bath and was released in May. Was playing for Halkirk United in the North Caledonian League last season.

From: Sunderland To: Released Now: Halkirk United

DUNCAN FEAR Jul 1985 - Oct 1989 Appearances: 4 (2) Goals: 0

Young midfielder Duncan was a regular reserve team player, captaining the side during the 1988-89 season, and was occasionally called up to first team action. Currently playing for Tunley Athletic in the Somerset Senior League.

From: Tunley AFC To: Not known Now: Tunley Athletic

MARTIN FILSON Sep 1989 - Oct 1989 Appearances: 1 Goals: 0

Six foot three central defender Martin (whose surname was mispelt Filsom during his time with City) was signed from Wrexham where he had made two substitute appearances and regular reserve team outings. Made his debut against Waterlooville in September 1989 but after failing to make the squad for the next two matches disappeared from Twerton Park. Subsequently resurfaced at Stalybridge Celtic before going on to play for a number of clubs including Boston United, Leek Town and Northwich Victoria.

From: Wrexham To: Released Now: Retired

ANDY FISHER Aug 2005 - Oct 2005 Appearances: 3 Goals: 0

A 2005 summer signing as cover for no.1 goalkeeper Paul Evans, Andy went on to play three times for City before work committments prevented a longer stay at Twerton Park. Welsh-born Andy spent most of career with Newport County, winning their players' player of the season award in 1999, and also played for Havant Town, Fareham Town and Cinderford Town.

From: Unattached To: Released Now: Retired

DONALD FORBES Apr 1994 - Mar 1995 Appearances: 20 (5) Goals: 0

Capable of playing in either defence or up front Donald arrived at the tail end of the 1993-94 season to make a substitute appearance in both legs of the Somerset Premier Cup Final victory over Bristol Rovers. These brief outings earned the former Bristol City trialist a contract and he made over 20 appearances mainly in defence during the 1994-95 campaign. Joined Forest Green Rovers in March 1995, initially on loan before switching permanently. Spent five seasons at The Lawn then headed to Basingstoke Town in July 2000. Retired at the end of the 2001-02 season.

From: St Phillips Marsh To: Forest Green Rovers Now: Retired

BOBBY FORD Jan 2004 - Nov 2005 Appearances: 52 (8) Goals: 1

In a long and successful league career midfielder Bobby played for Oxford United and Sheffield United, making a 400,000 transfer between the sides in November 1997. Returned to the O's in August 2002 but this move ended badly when he was released in May 2003. The then 29-year old took a short break from the game before joining City in January 2004. Went onto play 60 times for City, scoring a single goal against Aylesbury United, and was captain for a number of these games. It appeared that his appetite for football was waning again at the start of the 2005-06 season, and this plus several niggling injuries, prompted his retirement in November.

From: Unattached To: Retired Now: Retired

ADRIAN FOSTER Aug 2001 - Mar 2003 Appearances: 39 (13) Goals: 24

Former West Brom striker Adrian will always be remembered at Twerton Park as the scorer of the goal at Worcester that kept City in the Southern League Premier Division in April 2002. Joined at the start of that season and scored 21 goals in just 42 appearances. Injury saw him sidelined for much of the following season and he had his contract paid off in February 2003. Briefly returned in March but eventually joined Western league side Frome Town. In a long and successful career Kidderminster born Adrian also played league football with Torquay United, Gillingham, Exeter City and Hereford United before switching to non-league with Rushden & Diamonds, Yeovil Town and Forest Green Rovers. Also represented England at semi-professional level.

From: Forest Green Rovers To: Frome Town Now: Street

TONY FRANKLAND Jan 1993 Appearances: 1 Goals: 0

Defender Tony made seven appearances for Exeter City before an ankle injury saw him released at the end of the 1991-92 season. Having recovered from this he was on trial at Bristol City when Tony Ricketts signed him during an injury crisis. The 20-year old Londoner made his debut against Farnborough Town but then headed to Third Division Bury for another trial. He may have signed for them I don't know!

From: Unattached To: Bury Now: Not known

JIMMY FRASER Jul 1998 - May 2001 Appearances: 99 (41) Goals: 20

Something of an enigma during his three years with City former Swindon Town midfielder Jimmy occasionally showed glimpses of his undoubted talents but too often flattered to deceive. Was famously reported to have said that "City fans have never seen the best of me". However, he made approaching 150 appearances and scored 20 goals while at Twerton Park and his commitment to the club was never in doubt. Was said to "be gutted" when he was released in May 2001 prior to joining Basingstoke Town. Currently the youth development officer with Swindon Town.

From: Worcester City To: Basingstoke Town Now: Swindon Town (staff)

STUART FRASER Sep 2004 - Nov 2004 Appearances: 1 (1) Goals: 0

Former Stoke City, Exeter City and Tiverton Town goalkeeper Stuart signed as cover during the early months of the 2004-05 season, making one start, where he was man-of-the-match against Gloucester City, and one substitute appearance during that period. He began his career as a trainee with Cheltenham Town and also had a brief loan spell with Stevenage Borough.

From: Unattached To: Released Now: Not known

JOHN FREEGARD Feb 1988 - Jan 1991 Appearances: 150 (8) Goals: 75

As half of the strikeforce with Paul Randall that netted 86 goals during City's 1989-90 promotion season former Trowbridge Town and Chippenham Town striker John is fondly remembered at Twerton Park. Signed from the Bluebirds in February 1988 it was his second spell with City. The first, four years earlier, had seen him make just three reserve team appearances before returning to Chippenham. Went on to score 75 goals in just 158 games before a surprise move took him to Gloucester City, along with Chris Smith, for over 10,000. Continued playing into his forties for Corsham Town, where he also had a spell in temporary charge, and Melksham Town. Now a regular following City both home and away.

From: Chippenham (2K) To: Gloucester (10K) Now: Retired

JON FRENCH Mar 1997 - May 1997 (loan) Appearances: 10 Goals: 0

Versatile player Jon was signed on loan from Bristol Rovers toward the end of the 1996-97 season and made ten appearance at centre-back. Equally at home up front he was released by the Pirates in July 1998 to join Hull City. Played for Cheltenham Town and Barry Town after this and is currently with Weston Super Mare.

From: Bristol Rovers To: Bristol Rovers Now: Weston Super Mare

GARY FULBROOK Jul 1985 - Sep 1987 & Feb 1988 - Feb 1989
Appearances: 128 (2) Goals: 5

Gary, born in Twerton, signed for his local side from Swindon Town in the summer of 1985 as an 18-year old. Went on to establish himself in the City defence, making over 80 appearances during the next two seasons. Attracted the interest of Carlisle United at the start of the 1987-88 season and after a period of uncertainty joined the Cumbrian side for a tribunal decided fee of 3000. When this move did not work out he returned to Bath for the same amount five months later. Made nearly a further 50 outings before joining Gloucester City in February 1988.

From: Carlisle United (3K) To: Gloucester City (1.5K) Now: Not known

KEITH FURPHY Nov 1988 Appearances: 1 Goals: 0

The son of former Watford manager Ken Furphy, Keith made a single appearance for City in the 2-0 Westgate Insurance Cup defeat against Merthyr Tydfil in November 1988. Previously played in the United States and had a brief spell with Plymouth Argyle.

From: Unattached To: Released Now: Not known